The company behind the CoinPayments cryptocurrency wallet is known as CoinPayments Inc. It was founded in 2013 and has made over $10 billion in crypto payments. In addition, it services over 100,000 merchants globally and is available in more than 190 countries.
The CoinPayments wallet is a multi-coin wallet that supports over 2000 coins at a go. As a leader in the crypto world, CoinPayments also launched the CoinPayments crypto wallet.
Notably, it’s a web-based wallet and also offers cold storage services.
Other than that, the cryptocurrency vault is an essential feature that safeguards users’ digital assets in a secure vault.
In this review, we look at the CoinPayments cryptocurrency wallet, including features, fees, how to join, and more. Read on.
CoinPayments has a wide variety of features that enables users to have seamless transactions. Here is a quick summary of the various functions.
- Supports 1900 plus altcoins
- Allows automatic conversions of coins to different dominations.
- It has a POS or Point of Sale feature for accepting in-person purchases and payments.
- GAP600 Instant Confirmations is a top-notch feature that enables quick transactions.
- Shopping cart plugins allow users to make payments easily.
- $PayByName Purchases lets users generate their preferred usernames and transact with their credentials.
- The platform enables fiat settlements if you’re in the UK or the US.
- The vault service holds your assets in offline storage.
- The platform can handle Air Dropped coins and removes the hurdles for users.
- It’s also an ICO hosting System.
How To Create An Account With The CoinPayments Wallet
To get started, you can follow the steps below;
- First, visit the CoinPayments website and hover over the Sign-up function.
- You will be directed to a new page where you need to select whether you need to open a personal or business account.
- After that, you will receive a verification link to your email.
- The next step is to configure your merchant account with important details.
- You will also have to write down your IPN code for accessing your account.
Now you can accept, store or send crypto. Other functions include making payments for in-purchases.
What are CoinPayments Fees
Unlike most cryptocurrency wallets, CoinPayments is one of the most affordable, thanks to the flat fee of 0.50% for all your transactions. However, third-party fees may apply for payments. You can check the wallet’s fee structure on the website.
Even though the platform does not charge withdrawal fees, you’ll be charged a network fee when sending cryptos, depending on the type of crypto.
For instance, to send bitcoin, you’ll need to pay a network fee of 0.00040000. On the other hand, sending a Litecoin LTC will cost you 0.00600000.
CoinPayments Wallet Mobile App
The CoinPayments wallet mobile app is available for download from the Apple Store or Google Play store. After installing it on your phone, access your account and choose your favorite cryptocurrencies.
How to Send Bitcoins with CoinPayments Wallet
- You can send bitcoins to the CoinPayments Cryptocurrency wallet by copying and pasting the wallet address.
- After that, choose the number of coins to send.
- Click Confirm
When withdrawing bitcoins, choose the payment method, then click the Confirm button.
You’ll not pay any withdrawal fees on the CoinPayments wallet. However, your payment method may charge you some fee.
CoinPayments wallet is a secure platform for keeping your digital wallets. It is equipped with state-of-the-art features to protect your funds from hackers. The wallet does not store your private keys but allows you to keep them safe.
Despite the enhanced features, there was a security breach in 2017 where thieves stole several Ripple cryptos from the database.
Luckily, the company refunded the money within six months, proving that they take security seriously and are committed to protecting users’ funds.
Further, the platform offers cold or offline storage of cryptos which is the most secure method of keeping digital assets.
Customer Service and Support
The CoinPayments company has a fully-fledged support service that responds promptly to members’ queries and concerns. If you are a user, you can raise a ticket and receive feedback in not more than 24 hours.
There’s also a support wizard that provides you with a unique code for raising a ticket on the portal.
Besides tickets, you can also contact customer service via Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram.
If you don’t have an urgent issue, the help center is packed with resources about the CoinPayments wallet and other features.
The CoinPayments blog has tutorials, guides, and step-by-step procedures on how to use the platform. There are articles with valuable content which you can access and benefit from useful insights.
- The platform is user friendly
- Can handle a lot of altcoins
- Has a vault for offline storage
- Highly secure
- Charges a flat charge of 0.5% regardless of the transaction
- There was a hacking incident in 2017
Frequently Asked Questions
Is CoinPayments Crypto Wallet Safe?
CoinPayments crypto wallet is safe storage for your digital assets because they have a highly-advanced security system that protects your funds from theft. Additionally, it’s regulated, and therefore all transactions are safe and secure.
Can I purchase Bitcoins With CoinPayments Crypto Wallet?
You can purchase Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies using CoinPayments Wallet. Additionally, you can use debit or credit cards to buy crypto with CoinPayments.
How can I use the CoinPayments Wallet for Cryptos?
You need to sign in with your private key to access the wallet.
Where is CoinPayments Crypto Wallet Headquarters?
The company is registered in the Cayman Islands.
When it comes to holding a huge number of cryptos, the CoinPayments Crypto wallet is at the forefront. You can store your Ripple and send it to another person and receive it from others. It also supports more than 300 altcoins. There is a 0.5% transaction fee per transaction, which is a plus since it doesn’t depend on the transactions. You can use it not only for cryptocurrency but also for online shopping. Many online stores accept Coinpayments payments.